|A small Maine town, a quiet life, a great place to live|
PHILLIPS INCORPORATED IN 1812
In Phillips we have an old Maine way about us. It has never been a Mainer’s trait to say anything that wasn’t absolutely necessary. Our quietness comes out of respect for each other’s space and privacy. Our intimacy comes from sharing times together ... stocking up at the store in preparation for a storm, gathering at a bean supper in the Community Hall, lining up along Main Street to see the Old Home Days Parade.
We look out for each other here. We leave our cars running in the parking lot during the cold weather. We’ll wave to you as we drive by whether or not we know you, and the appropriate response is to wave back, just a finger or a hand twitch will do. Smiling is appreciated, but optional.
We like the quietness of our life here, we love the beauty of our mountains and clean rivers, and we’re proud of our hardworking way of life. We hope this website will encourage you to visit us for a little while, or a long while. We’d love to hear from you. Write to us at email@example.com.
The Phillips Town Office is now utilizing the Winter Entrance. Please enter at the entrance on the end of the building.
Boards and Committees: Application here Drop off at Town Office.
Board of Appeals - Opening for one member and two alternates.
Planning Board - Vacancy for alternate
Phillips Fire Department seeking volunteers. Info at 639-FIRE.
- Selectmen's Meeting - Tuesday- Feb 28 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Planning Board Meeting - Monday - March 14 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Planning Board Workshop only meeting - Monday - Feb 27 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Phillips Area Community Center board meeting - Tuesday - March 7 - 4:30 pm - at the School.
- Phillips Chamber of Commerce - Thursday - March 9 - 6:00 pm at the Phillips Town Office. .
- Sandy River Business Association - RESCHEDUALED to Wed -Feb 22 - 6:00 pm - at Phillips Community House, Main St.
- Micro Loan Committee Meeting - Tuesday -April 18 - 4:30 pm - at Phillips Town Office.
- Feb 22 - Wednesday - 4 to 5:30 pm - Freedom Summer - a film shown as part of Black History Month - presented by Doug Dunlap at the Phillips Public Library - Documents 1964 drive to register as many African-American voters as possible in Mississippi. Admission, free; donations optional. Discussion to follow.
- Feb 26 - Sunday - 3 pm to 4:30 pm followed with pot luck supper - Narrow Gauge String Band - at the Phillips Area Community Center, Depot St. - Admission, new children's socks or underwear or cash donation See Details.
- May 5, 6, 7 - Outdoor Days at "THE FOX" - Men's and Women's Tenkara Fly Fishing Clinic - See Poster with Details.
- June 3, 2017 - Saturday - 5th Annual Fly Casting Clinic for both Traditional & "Tenkara" - Fox Carlton Pond Camps - see Poster for Details.
- Community Fiber Gatherings - 2nd & 4th Tuesday of the month - at the Community House, Main Street - noon to 3 pm - bring your lunch - for all crafts: knitting, crochet, spinning, weaving, needlepoint - sewing - meet neighbors and share your knowledge. Questions? Call Kate at 639-2012.
- Poker Hold-Em - Held on 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Cribbage - Every Wed - 6:30 pm - $5 entry fee, bring a partner to play with you - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Al-Anon Meeting - Every 1st Tuesday of the month - 7 pm to 8 pm - Avon Town Office, Rt. 4, Avon. Closed meeting. Questions - contact Carol at 639-5421.
Phillips Area Community Center (PACC)
|PFor more information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|© Town of Phillips, Maine 2004 Website by McManus Creative|