|A small Maine town, a quiet life, a great place to live|
PHILLIPS INCORPORATED IN 1812
In Phillips we have an old Maine way about us. It has never been a Mainer’s trait to say anything that wasn’t absolutely necessary. Our quietness comes out of respect for each other’s space and privacy. Our intimacy comes from sharing times together ... stocking up at the store in preparation for a storm, gathering at a bean supper in the Community Hall, lining up along Main Street to see the Old Home Days Parade.
We look out for each other here. We leave our cars running in the parking lot during the cold weather. We’ll wave to you as we drive by whether or not we know you, and the appropriate response is to wave back, just a finger or a hand twitch will do. Smiling is appreciated, but optional.
We like the quietness of our life here, we love the beauty of our mountains and clean rivers, and we’re proud of our hardworking way of life. We hope this website will encourage you to visit us for a little while, or a long while. We’d love to hear from you. Write to us at email@example.com.
INFORMATIONAL MEETING WITH PHILLIPS PLANNING BOARD
The Phillips Planning Board will be holding an public informational meeting regarding the proposed Phillips Property Maintenance Ordinance at 6:00 PM on October 23, at the town office. It is our hope that the meeting will be well-attended and that the Board and Code Enforcement Officer are able to address any questions that the public may have. We feel that this ordinance could be very valuable to our town, and it is of utmost importance that the general public have access to factual information. To that end, the board also hopes to dispel any untruths or inaccuracies that may have made their way onto social media. Click here for current proposed ordinance.
REFERENDUM ELECTION, TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2017
Town of Phillips Animal Control Officer
Boards and Committees: Application here Drop off at Town Office.
Board of Appeals - Opening for one member and two alternates.
Planning Board - Vacancy for one member and one alternate
Phillips Area Micro Loan Committee - Vacancy for one Avon member.
Phillips Fire Department seeking volunteers. Info at 639-FIRE.
- Selectmen's Meeting - Tuesday- Oct 24- 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Planning Board Meeting - Monday - Nov 6 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Planning Board Workshop only meeting - Monday - Oct 23 (See Notice above) - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Phillips Area Community Center meeting - Tuesday - Nov 7- 4:30 pm - at the Middle School.
- Phillips Chamber of Commerce - Thursday - Nov 9 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee Common Room. Come help choose theme for 2018. (Oct meeting cancelled)
- Sandy River Business Association - Wednesday - Nov 15 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee All-Purpose Room. Holiday Party Meeting. Bring $5 gift for Yankee Swap.
- Oct. 27 - Friday - Halloween Dance and Costume Party for Phillips students grades 5 thru 8 - 7:00 pm to 9 pm - at the PACC - Sponsored by Student Council.
- Oct. 29 - Sunday - Bianca Caruso, Freddy and Francine - 4:00 pm - at the Phillips Community Center, Depot St - Admission Adults $10, Children, 12 & under, $5. Click for more info.
- Nov. 4 - Saturday - Sandy River Ramblers - 7:00 pm - at the Phillips Community Center, Depot St. - Adults $10, Children 12 & under $5. Click here to listen to their music.
- Nov 11 - Saturday - A Christmas Craft Fair and Lunch - 9 am to 2 pm - Community House, Main Street - Hosted by the Phillips Community Church - For more infor call Jeanne Conroy, 639-3000.
- Nov. 18 - Saturday - Crooked Bill - Mike Worthley's new band - 7 pm - Adults, $10, Children, $5. Click here to see the guys.
- Nov. 21 - Tuesday - Thanksgiving Pie Sale - Pick up pies from 3 to 6 pm - Benefit of the PACC - Call Winona at 639-4296 to bake a pie or two to donate or to order pie(s).
- Sandy River and Rangeley Lakes Railroad - Train Rides (Steam) - Most Weekends - 11:00 am to 4:00 pm, Saturdays and 11:00 am to 3:00 pm, Sundays. See Schedule for dates.
- Narrow Gauge Quilters - Weekly meetings on Thursday at 1 pm at the Phillips Library.
- Community Fiber Gatherings - 2nd & 4th Tuesday of the month - at the Community House, Main Street - noon to 3 pm - bring your lunch - for all crafts: knitting, crochet, spinning, weaving, needlepoint - sewing - meet neighbors and share your knowledge. Questions? Call Kate Dunham at 639-2012 or Susan Randow at 500-1418.
- Poker Hold-Em - Held on 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month - 6:00 pm sharp - $30 Buy-in American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Al-Anon Meeting - Every 1st Wednesday of the month - 7 pm to 8 pm - Avon Town Office, Rt. 4, Avon. Closed meeting. Questions - contact Carol at 639-5421.
- Phillips Farmers' Market, Depot St - Open 9 am to 1 pm - Last Saturday in May until last Saturday in September
- Phillips Historical House, 8 Pleasant St - Open May through October - 1st and 3rd Sundays - 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
- Little White Church Antiques, Eats & Treats - May 16 thru Oct. 14 - 9 am to 4pm Wed thru Sunday. Located at 83 Main St.
- Stove Top Country Store, 30 Main St - open Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday - 10 a.m to 5 p.m.
- Creative Collections - 10 Pleasant St - Opens for season, June 3 - Saturdays & Sundays - 10 am to 3 pm. Closes weekend before Christmas.
Phillips Area Community Center (PACC)
|PFor more information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|© Town of Phillips, Maine 2004 Website by McManus Creative|