|A small Maine town, a quiet life, a great place to live|
PHILLIPS INCORPORATED IN 1812
In Phillips we have an old Maine way about us. It has never been a Mainer’s trait to say anything that wasn’t absolutely necessary. Our quietness comes out of respect for each other’s space and privacy. Our intimacy comes from sharing times together ... stocking up at the store in preparation for a storm, gathering at a bean supper in the Community Hall, lining up along Main Street to see the Old Home Days Parade.
We look out for each other here. We leave our cars running in the parking lot during the cold weather. We’ll wave to you as we drive by whether or not we know you, and the appropriate response is to wave back, just a finger or a hand twitch will do. Smiling is appreciated, but optional.
We like the quietness of our life here, we love the beauty of our mountains and clean rivers, and we’re proud of our hardworking way of life. We hope this website will encourage you to visit us for a little while, or a long while. We’d love to hear from you. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Phillips Town Office is now utilizing the Winter Entrance. Please enter at the entrance on the end of the building.
Community Broadband Meeting, Wednesday, March 29, 6 p.m. at Phillips Area Community Center, Depot St. The Opportunity Center of North Franklin County, Inc. with a collaboration of partners are preparing to apply for a broadband planning grant for Franklin County. Public Community Information meetings are an important part of the application to determine the interest and need of the area. This is your chance to find out what this is about and to ask questions. Also please complete the Franklin County Broadband Survey which takes just a few minutes. It includes a speed test. Have a copy of your recent internet bill next to you. Pass the word around.
PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE
Boards and Committees: Application here Drop off at Town Office.
Board of Appeals - Opening for one member and two alternates.
Planning Board - Vacancy for alternate
Phillips Fire Department seeking volunteers. Info at 639-FIRE.
- Selectmen's Meeting - Tuesday- April 11 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Budget Meeting w/Selectmen - Thursday - March 30 - 6:00 pm - Town Office.
- Planning Board Meeting - Monday - April 10 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Planning Board Workshop only meeting - Monday - April 24 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Phillips Area Community Center board meeting - Tuesday - April 4 - 4:30 pm - at Paula Kane's classroom, 2nd fl, Phillips Elementary School.
- Phillips Chamber of Commerce - Thursday - April 13 - 6:00 pm - location to be determined. Help plan for Old Home Days.
- Sandy River Business Association - Wednesday - April 19 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee All-Purpose Room.
- Micro Loan Committee Meeting - Tuesday -April 18 - 4:00 pm - at Phillips Town Office.
- 2017 Old Home Days - August 13 thru August 20 - Parade on Friday, August 18 - Theme: "My Favorite Fairy Tale."
- March 29, Wednesday - Broadband Community Meeting (see Notices above) - 6 pm - Phillips Area Community Center, Depot St.
- April 1, Saturday - Dona Whittemore and Off The Hill with Paula Kaiser - 7 p.m. - Adults $10, Children $5 - at the Phillips Area Community Center. Website.
- April 11 - Tuesday - Gardening Forever: Adapting with Age - Free Workshop - to be held at Farmington Grange, 124 Bridge St, Farmington - 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. - Click here for more details.
- May 5, 6, 7 - Outdoor Days at "THE FOX" - Men's and Women's Tenkara Fly Fishing Clinic - See Poster with Details.
- May 6 - Saturday - Matthew Bryne from Newfoundland - vocalist, guitarist - 7 pm - at Phillips Area Community Building - $15 adults, $5 students - See PACC website.
- June 3, 2017 - Saturday - 5th Annual Fly Casting Clinic for both Traditional & "Tenkara" - Fox Carlton Pond Camps - see Poster for Details.
- Community Fiber Gatherings - 2nd & 4th Tuesday of the month - at the Community House, Main Street - noon to 3 pm - bring your lunch - for all crafts: knitting, crochet, spinning, weaving, needlepoint - sewing - meet neighbors and share your knowledge. Questions? Call Kate at 639-2012.
- Poker Hold-Em - Held on 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Cribbage - Every Wed - 6:30 pm - $5 entry fee, bring a partner to play with you - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Al-Anon Meeting - Every 1st Tuesday of the month - 7 pm to 8 pm - Avon Town Office, Rt. 4, Avon. Closed meeting. Questions - contact Carol at 639-5421.
Phillips Area Community Center (PACC)
|PFor more information, please write to email@example.com|
|© Town of Phillips, Maine 2004 Website by McManus Creative|