|huroardA small Maine town, a quiet life, a great place to live|
PHILLIPS INCORPORATED IN 1812
In Phillips we have an old Maine way about us. It has never been a Mainer’s trait to say anything that wasn’t absolutely necessary. Our quietness comes out of respect for each other’s space and privacy. Our intimacy comes from sharing times together ... stocking up at the store in preparation for a storm, gathering at a bean supper in the Community Hall, lining up along Main Street to see the Old Home Days Parade.
We look out for each other here. We leave our cars running in the parking lot during the cold weather. We’ll wave to you as we drive by whether or not we know you, and the appropriate response is to wave back, just a finger or a hand twitch will do. Smiling is appreciated, but optional.
We like the quietness of our life here, we love the beauty of our mountains and clean rivers, and we’re proud of our hardworking way of life. We hope this website will encourage you to visit us for a little while, or a long while. We’d love to hear from you. Write to us at email@example.com.
Due to a resignation, there is an immediate opening for a replacement on the School Board to fulfill a term ending 2021. Please contact the Phillips town office, 639-3561, if interested.
Please take notice - Private plowing into and across public ways is illegal, dangerous, and causes costly repairs to town equipment.
CONNECTME ASKS MAINERS TO TEST AREAS IN NEED OF FASTER BROADBAND, PLEASE CLICK HERE
Town of Phillips Animal Control Officer
Applications and a job description may be obtained at the Town Office, 15 Russell Street, Phillips. The job will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. The Town of Phillips is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The new Verizon cell tower is now in operation (12-19-18).
The Phillips Town Office will be utilizing the Winter Entrance effective November 5th, 2018. The side entrance will be closed. Please enter at the entrance on the end of the building.
LIMITED RECYCLABLES NOTICE
Boards and Committees: Application here Drop off at Town Office.
Budget Committee - Opening for one member. Meetings start in mid-March.
Board of Appeals - Opening for two members and two alternates.
Planning Board - Vacancy for one alternate.
Phillips Fire Department seeking volunteers. Info at 639-FIRE.
- Selectmen's Meeting - Tuesday - Feb 26- 6:00 pm at Town Office.
Selectmen's AGENDA - Posted either day before or day of the meeting, if available.
- Planning Board Meeting - Monday - Feb 11 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Phillips Area Community Center meeting - Tuesday - Feb 12, 4:30 pm - at the Shadagee Common Room.
- Phillips Chamber of Commerce - Thursday - Feb 14 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee Common Room.
- Sandy River Business Association - Wednesday - Feb 20 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee Common Roo
- Feb 9, Saturday - AnnualValentine Tea - 11 am to 1 pm - Phillips Public Library - Bring a magnet, Trade for another magnet - Storm date, Feb 16.
- Feb 24, Sunday afternoon - 2 pm to 3 pm - Open Mic with Show & Tell - Refreshments - Call Winona, 639-4296 for more information or click on https://www.phillipspacc.org/events.
Dates of Future Events
- Second Annual Fly Rod Crosby Days Celebration - May 17, 18 and 19, 2019 -sponsored by Fox Carlton Pond Sporting Camps. More information on planned events, click here.
- Old Home Days Parade - August 16, 2018 - 5 pm. - Sponsored by the Phillips Community Church - at the Community House, Main St - No cost, bring a dish to share - For more info, contact Barbara Gardiner at 684-3394.
- Narrow Gauge Quilters - Weekly meetings on Thursday at 1 pm at the Phillips Library.
- Community Fiber Gatherings - Discontinued.
- Al-Anon Meeting - Every 1st Wednesday of the month - 7 pm to 8 pm - Avon Town Office, Rt. 4, Avon. Closed meeting. Questions - contact Carol at 639-5421.
- Phillips Area Food Pantry - Open 2nd and 4th Thursday, 9 am to 12 pm; 3rd Thursday, 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm and 3rd Saturday 9 am to 11 am - Located at Phillips Town Office, Russell St.
- Phillips Farmers' Market, Depot St - Open 9 am to 1 pm - Saturdays - Starting Memorial Weekend until the last Saturday in September.
- Sandy River and Rangeley Lakes Railroad - Train Rides - Weekends - 11:00 am to 4:00 pm, Saturdays and 11:00 am to 3:00 pm, Sundays. Closed for the season. Will run on May 18, 2019, during Fly Rod Crosby Days.
- Native Maine Driftwood Santas, 32 River Road (Rte 149) - July 26 to Dec 24- Open Thursday thru-Saturday -12:00 to 5:00 p.m. - or by appointment. 639-2048
Phillips Historical House, 8 Pleasant St - Open May through October - 1st and 3rd Sundays - (New Hours) 11:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Little White Church Antiques, Eats & Treats - Reopens June 5, 2019 - Thursday thru Sunday with new hours - located at 83 Main St. Cafe open in July & August.
- Stove Top Country Store, 30 Main St - open Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday - 10 a.m to 5 p.m.
- Creative Collections - 10 Pleasant St - Opens for the season, June 3 - Saturdays & Sundays - 10 am to 3 pm. Not open on Sat during November. Closes weekend before Christmas. Will open by appointment.
Phillips Area Community Center (PACC)
|PFor more information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|© Town of Phillips, Maine 2004 Website by McManus Creative|