|ahuroardA small Maine town, a quiet life, a great place to live|
In Phillips we have an old Maine way about us. It has never been a Mainer’s trait to say anything that wasn’t absolutely necessary. Our quietness comes out of respect for each other’s space and privacy. Our intimacy comes from sharing times together ... stocking up at the store in preparation for a storm, gathering at a bean supper in the Community Hall, lining up along Main Street to see the Old Home Days Parade.
We look out for each other here. We leave our cars running in the parking lot during the cold weather. We’ll wave to you as we drive by whether or not we know you, and the appropriate response is to wave back, just a finger or a hand twitch will do. Smiling is appreciated, but optional.
We like the quietness of our life here, we love the beauty of our mountains and clean rivers, and we’re proud of our hardworking way of life. We hope this website will encourage you to visit us for a little while, or a long while. We’d love to hear from you. Write to us at email@example.com.
REOPENING OF LOBBY AT TOWN OFFICE
The Town of Phillips is planning to re-open the lobby for customers on June 1, 2020. We will be following guidance from the U.S. and Maine Centers for Disease Control to facilitate this.
Though we have been processing registrations and taking tax payments since the March 18th closing of the lobby, we know there are several transactions that were being held off till we can assist you face to face. Please keep this in mind when you come to the office. We will only be able to allow for one transaction to be at the window. With the notion there may need to be two people to accomplish a registration, this will be the only exception. Due to the possible wait time, the option of using the dropbox at the front of the building is available. The Town Clerk will be available for one transaction at a time as well. Please phone to see if the Code Enforcement Officer availability.
Due to the number of persons in the building area at once, this means we will not be allowing a wait line inside the building. Please wait in your vehicle or outside while maintaining the 6' physical distance. We request you utilize the ramp entrance to enter the building and the stair side to exit, unless your condition prohibits this. Sanitizers and wipes will be available. Face masks for yours and our safety are expected at this time. Thank you for considering others when you make that choice.
NOTICE FROM THE TOWN CLERK
Dog Tags are available. Call the office for details, 639-3561.
Boards and Committees: Application here Drop off at Town Office
Board of Appeals - Opening for two members and two alternates.
Planning Board - Vacancy for one regular member and one alternate.
Phillips Fire Department seeking volunteers. Info at 639-FIRE.
Conservation Commission -
- Selectmen's Meeting - Tuesday, April 27 - 6:00 pm at the Town Office, 124 Main St.-
- Phillips Area Community Center meeting - Tuesday, Nov 10- 4:30 pm - at the Legion Building. Members and guests invited.
- Phillips Area Micro Loan Committee - Tuesday, April 20, 2021 - 6:00 pm - Phillips town office.
- Sandy River Business Association - No meetings until further notice - 6:00 pm - Shadagee Common Room.
- Narrow Gauge Quilters - Weekly meetings on Thursday at 1 pm at the Phillips Library.
- Al-Anon Meeting - First Wednesday of the month - 7 pm to 8 pm - Avon Town Office, Rt. 4, Avon. Closed meeting.
- Phillips Area Food Pantry - Open 2nd and 4th Thursday, 9 am to 12 pm; 3rd Thursday, 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm and 3rd Saturday 9 a.m .to 11 a.m. - Located at former Phillips Town Office, Russell St.
- Phillips Farmers' Market, Depot St - Open 9 am to 1 pm - Saturdays - Opening May 30 until the last Saturday in September.
- Sandy River and Rangeley Lakes Railroad - Train Rides - Weekends - 11:00 am to 4:00 pm, Saturdays and 11:00 am to 3:00 pm, Sundays.
- Native Maine Driftwood Santas, 32 River Road (Rte 149) - July 16 to Dec 24- Open Thursday thru-Saturday -12:00 to 5:00 p.m. - or by appointment. 639-2048.
Phillips Historical House, 8 Pleasant St - Open May through October - 1st and 3rd Sundays - 11:00 am to 3:00 pm. Opening day for 2019 season:
- Little White Church Antiques, Eats & Treats - Located at 83 Main St.
- Stove Top Country Store, 30 Main St - Open Thursday, Friday, Saturday.
Dates of Future Events.
- Phillips Library Auction - Library Studio - Tickets now on sale - Drawing on
- May 2021 - Fly Rod Crosby Days - Fox Carlton Pond Campground
- June 2021 - Lilac Festival, Sandy River Gardens, 133 No. 6 Rd - 2020 opened weekends or by appointment.
- June 7 & 8th - Annual Fly Fishing Clinic - Fox Carlton Pond Campground
Leaders of the PACC Annual Letter 2016 end of year & 2017 membership application
|PFor more information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|© Town of Phillips, Maine 2004 Website by McManus Creative|