|A small Maine town, a quiet life, a great place to live|
PHILLIPS INCORPORATED IN 1812
In Phillips we have an old Maine way about us. It has never been a Mainer’s trait to say anything that wasn’t absolutely necessary. Our quietness comes out of respect for each other’s space and privacy. Our intimacy comes from sharing times together ... stocking up at the store in preparation for a storm, gathering at a bean supper in the Community Hall, lining up along Main Street to see the Old Home Days Parade.
We look out for each other here. We leave our cars running in the parking lot during the cold weather. We’ll wave to you as we drive by whether or not we know you, and the appropriate response is to wave back, just a finger or a hand twitch will do. Smiling is appreciated, but optional.
We like the quietness of our life here, we love the beauty of our mountains and clean rivers, and we’re proud of our hardworking way of life. We hope this website will encourage you to visit us for a little while, or a long while. We’d love to hear from you. Write to us at email@example.com.
PHILLIPS & MADRID REGISTERED VOTERS: SCHOOL REFERENDUM RENOVATION VOTE TODAY, APRIL 25, 2017, AT PHILLIPS TOWN OFFICE, 3:00 PM TO 7:00 PM.
Boards and Committees: Application here Drop off at Town Office.
Board of Appeals - Opening for one member and two alternates.
Planning Board - Vacancy for alternate
Phillips Fire Department seeking volunteers. Info at 639-FIRE.
- Selectmen's Meeting - Tuesday- April 25 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Budget Meeting w/Selectmen - Wednesday - April 26- 6:00 pm - Town Office.
- Planning Board Meeting - Monday - May 8- 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Planning Board Workshop only meeting - Monday - May 22 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Phillips Area Community Center board meeting - Tuesday - May 2 - 4:30 pm - at the P.A.C.C.
- Phillips Chamber of Commerce - Thursday - May 11 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee Common Room. Help plan for Old Home Days.
- Sandy River Business Association - Wednesday - May 17 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee All-Purpose Room.
- Micro Loan Committee Meeting - Wednesday -July 18 - 4:30 pm - at Phillips Town Office.
- 2017 Old Home Days - August 13 thru August 20 - Parade on Friday, August 18 - Theme: "My Favorite Fairy Tale."
- April 5 - Wednesday - Start of Phillips Public Library Annual Penney Auction - located at The Studio next door to Library - Open Wed thru Saturday during Library hours - Drawings on Saturday, May 6. Last ticket sales on Friday, May 5.
- May 5, 6, 7 - Outdoor Days at "THE FOX" - Men's and Women's Tenkara Fly Fishing Clinic - See Poster with Details.
- May 6 - Saturday - Phillips Public Library Penney Auction Drawing.
- May 6 - Saturday - Matthew Bryne from Newfoundland (only appearance in Maine) - vocalist, guitarist - 7 pm - at Phillips Area Community Center - $15 adults, $5 students - See PACC website.
- May 13 - Saturday - High End Sale - 9 am to 3 pm - at the Phillips Area Community Center - Vendors who would like to participate are asked to call Winona Davenport before May 1 at 639-4296. No item under $10 for sale.
- May 20 - Saturday - Field Trip to Daggett Rock - 1:00 pm - Meet at Historical Society Museum to car pool - Led by Andrea Nurse, Paleoecologist, Univ of ME Climate Change Institute - View glacial landscape features and discuss land use changes. Free to PHS members and students, $5 requested donation for non-members.
- June 3, 2017 - Saturday - 5th Annual Fly Casting Clinic for both Traditional & "Tenkara" - Fox Carlton Pond Camps - see Poster for Details.
- Community Fiber Gatherings - 2nd & 4th Tuesday of the month - at the Community House, Main Street - noon to 3 pm - bring your lunch - for all crafts: knitting, crochet, spinning, weaving, needlepoint - sewing - meet neighbors and share your knowledge. Questions? Call Kate at 639-2012.
- Poker Hold-Em - Held on 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Cribbage - Every Wed - 6:30 pm - $5 entry fee, bring a partner to play with you - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Al-Anon Meeting - Every 1st Tuesday of the month - 7 pm to 8 pm - Avon Town Office, Rt. 4, Avon. Closed meeting. Questions - contact Carol at 639-5421.
Phillips Area Community Center (PACC)
|PFor more information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|© Town of Phillips, Maine 2004 Website by McManus Creative|