|huroardA small Maine town, a quiet life, a great place to live|
PHILLIPS INCORPORATED IN 1812
In Phillips we have an old Maine way about us. It has never been a Mainer’s trait to say anything that wasn’t absolutely necessary. Our quietness comes out of respect for each other’s space and privacy. Our intimacy comes from sharing times together ... stocking up at the store in preparation for a storm, gathering at a bean supper in the Community Hall, lining up along Main Street to see the Old Home Days Parade.
We look out for each other here. We leave our cars running in the parking lot during the cold weather. We’ll wave to you as we drive by whether or not we know you, and the appropriate response is to wave back, just a finger or a hand twitch will do. Smiling is appreciated, but optional.
We like the quietness of our life here, we love the beauty of our mountains and clean rivers, and we’re proud of our hardworking way of life. We hope this website will encourage you to visit us for a little while, or a long while. We’d love to hear from you. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Town Clerk Office will be closed on Thursdays, Aug 8 and 22. Will be open regular hours on Tuesdays of those weeks, from 3:00 to 5:30 pm.
The Town of Phillips has an IMMEDIATE opening for a temporary part-time Truck Driver/Laborer. This position is a semi-skilled, manual labor position requiring the operation of heavy trucks and motorized equipment used for maintenance of municipal roads and town property. A clean driving record and a Class B/CDL Maine Drivers license and a pre-employment physical and chemical/drug screen test is required.
Please apply at the Town Office located at 15 Russell Street, Phillips
The town of Phillips is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CONNECTME ASKS MAINERS TO TEST AREAS IN NEED OF FASTER BROADBAND, PLEASE CLICK HERE
Boards and Committees: Application here Drop off at Town Office
Phillips Area Micro Loan Committee - Opening for a member from the town of Avon - Contact Avon Town Office.
Board of Appeals - Opening for two members and two alternates.
Planning Board - Vacancy for two members and one alternate.
Phillips Fire Department seeking volunteers. Info at 639-FIRE.
Conservation Commission - Opening for two members.
- Selectmen's Meeting - Tuesday - Aug 13- 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Planning Board Meeting - Monday - Sept 2 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Phillips Area Community Center meeting - Tuesday - Sept 3 - 4:30 pm - at the PACC.
- Phillips Chamber of Commerce -Wednesday, Aug 7 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee Common Room.
- Phillips Area Micro Loan Committee - Tuesday - Oct 15 - 6:00 pm - Phillips town office.
- Sandy River Business Association - Wednesday - August 21 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee Common Room.
- August 10 - Saturday - 10:00 am to 2:00 pm - Art Show - followed by a reception for artists and friends - at Phillips Area Community Center, Depot St.
- ATV Ride in Weekend 2019 - during Old Home Days - August 17 & 18 - Sponsored by Central Maine Power Sports in Lewiston - Hosted by Fox Carlton Pond Sporting Camps & Campground. This will be an annual event. More info.
- Narrow Gauge Quilters - Weekly meetings on Thursday at 1 pm at the Phillips Library.
- Al-Anon Meeting - Every 1st Wednesday of the month - 7 pm to 8 pm - Avon Town Office, Rt. 4, Avon. Closed meeting. Questions - contact Carol at 639-5421.
- Phillips Area Food Pantry - Open 2nd and 4th Thursday, 9 am to 12 pm; 3rd Thursday, 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm and 3rd Saturday 9 am to 11 am - Located at Phillips Town Office, Russell St.
- Phillips Farmers' Market, Depot St - Open 9 am to 1 pm - Saturdays - Opening May 25 until the last Saturday in September.
- Sandy River and Rangeley Lakes Railroad - Train Rides - Weekends - 11:00 am to 4:00 pm, Saturdays and 11:00 am to 3:00 pm, Sundays.
- Native Maine Driftwood Santas, 32 River Road (Rte 149) - July 26 to Dec 24- Open Thursday thru-Saturday -12:00 to 5:00 p.m. - or by appointment. 639-2048
Phillips Historical House, 8 Pleasant St - Open May through October - 1st and 3rd Sundays - 11:00 am to 3:00 pm. Opening day for 2019 season: May 5.
- Little White Church Antiques, Eats & Treats - Reopens June 6, 2019 - Thursday thru Sunday - 9 am to 4 pm - Cafe opens July 4 - Located at 83 Main St.
- Stove Top Country Store, 30 Main St - open Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday - 10 a.m to 5 p.m.
- Creative Collections - 10 Pleasant St - Opens for the season, June 3 - Saturdays & Sundays - 10 am to 3 pm. Not open on Sat during November. Closes weekend before Christmas. Will open by appointment.
Dates of Future Events.
- Phillips Rail Fest (formerly Model Train Hobby Fair) - Sept 28, 2019 -
- Fly Rod Crosby Days - Hosted by Fox Carlton Pond Sporting Camps & Campground - Annual event occurring on the third weekend of May.
Phillips Area Community Center (PACC)
|PFor more information, please write to email@example.com|
|© Town of Phillips, Maine 2004 Website by McManus Creative|