|oardA small Maine town, a quiet life, a great place to live|
PHILLIPS INCORPORATED IN 1812
In Phillips we have an old Maine way about us. It has never been a Mainer’s trait to say anything that wasn’t absolutely necessary. Our quietness comes out of respect for each other’s space and privacy. Our intimacy comes from sharing times together ... stocking up at the store in preparation for a storm, gathering at a bean supper in the Community Hall, lining up along Main Street to see the Old Home Days Parade.
We look out for each other here. We leave our cars running in the parking lot during the cold weather. We’ll wave to you as we drive by whether or not we know you, and the appropriate response is to wave back, just a finger or a hand twitch will do. Smiling is appreciated, but optional.
We like the quietness of our life here, we love the beauty of our mountains and clean rivers, and we’re proud of our hardworking way of life. We hope this website will encourage you to visit us for a little while, or a long while. We’d love to hear from you. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants needed to fill a vacancy, created due to relocation, for an MSAD# 58 School Board Director position. This appointment will expire June 30, 2018
The Town Clerk Office is no longer open on Saturday mornings
Town of Phillips Animal Control Officer
Boards and Committees: Application here Drop off at Town Office.
Budget Committee - Opening for one member. Meetings start in mid-March.
Board of Appeals - Opening for one member and two alternates.
Planning Board - Vacancy for one alternate.
Phillips Fire Department seeking volunteers. Info at 639-FIRE.
- Selectmen's Meeting Rescheduled - Tuesday - March 2 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.0
- Planning Board Meeting - Monday - March 12 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Budget Meeting - Rescheduled - TBA - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Phillips Area Community Center meeting - Tuesday -April 3 - 4:30 pm - at the Middle School (Paula Kane's room) No meeting in January.
- Phillips Chamber of Commerce - RESCHEDULED to Thursday - March 15 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee Common Room. Come help plan for the 2018 Old Home Days.
- Sandy River Business Association - Wednesday - March 21 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee All-Purpose Room.
- March 17 - Saturday - Luck of the Irish Night - Irish Supper, prizes, fun, music - Supper at 5 pm, Music at 6 pm - Everyone invited to bring an 'Irish Dish' to share - Admission: one unscratched Lottery ticket or $5.00. Click here for more details.
- March 28 - Wednesday - Annual Library Auction tickets go on Sale - Now is time to donate gently-used items - call 639-2665 if pickup is required. Auction on May 5th.
- April 28 - Saturday - North Sea Gas, one of Scotland's most popular folk bands - 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm - Admission: $15 (no PACC discount), Children under 12, $5.00. Click here for more info.
- May 18, 19, 20 - 1st Annual Fly Rod Crosby Days - at Fox Carlton Pond Sporting Camps, Campground & RV Park - Pre-registration is recommended for all courses and clinics - click here (poster) for quick preview; click here for the complete schedule of events. Cell 207-491-5865.
- Yoga and Crafts - Wednesdays - 11 am to noon for yoga sessions - 1 pm to 3 pm for craft sessions - Bring your own project and work with others - at Phillips Public Library. No charge - Call Sharon at 639-4488.
- Narrow Gauge Quilters - Weekly meetings on Thursday at 1 pm at the Phillips Library.
- Community Fiber Gatherings - 2nd & 4th Tuesday of the month - at Dark Star Fabric across the street from Community House, Main Street - 1 pm to 3 pm - for all crafts: knitting, crochet, spinning, weaving, needlepoint - sewing - meet neighbors and share your knowledge. Questions? Call Kate Dunham at 639-2012 or Susan Randow at 500-1418.
- Poker Hold-Em - Held on 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month - 6:00 pm sharp - $30 Buy-in American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Al-Anon Meeting - Every 1st Wednesday of the month - 7 pm to 8 pm - Avon Town Office, Rt. 4, Avon. Closed meeting. Questions - contact Carol at 639-5421.
- Phillips Farmers' Market, Depot St - Open 9 am to 1 pm - Last Saturday in May until last Saturday in September.
- Sandy River and Rangeley Lakes Railroad - Train Rides (Steam) - Most Weekends - 11:00 am to 4:00 pm, Saturdays and 11:00 am to 3:00 pm, Sundays. See Schedule for dates.
- Phillips Historical House, 8 Pleasant St - Open May through October - 1st and 3rd Sundays - 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
- Little White Church Antiques, Eats & Treats - May 16 thru Oct. 14 - 9 am to 4 pm Wed thru Sunday. Located at 83 Main St.
- Stove Top Country Store, 30 Main St - open Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday - 10 a.m to 5 p.m.
- Creative Collections - 10 Pleasant St - Opens for the season, June 3 - Saturdays & Sundays - 10 am to 3 pm. Closes weekend before Christmas.
Phillips Area Community Center (PACC)
|PFor more information, please write to email@example.com|
|© Town of Phillips, Maine 2004 Website by McManus Creative|